I’m back. No excuse for my absence – in honor of my return, I thought I would start slow and resurrect the tradition of Thursday Thoughts…
1. I have never been more excited about cheerios then yesterday when my son stood on a step-stool and peed on one. Way to go Owen – you are becoming a man!
2. I started reading Vintage Jesus by Mark Driscoll – good stuff. Driscoll is a stud. His stuff is packed with so much information but it is actually easy to read – and fun!
3. I used to want to be a bus-driver. I don’t know why. I used to drive my bike up and down the blocks in my neighborhood and stop it random places like bus stops. I did this everyday for like a year, I even got a bigger route after a month or so. Yesterday I saw an accident where a bus had rear-ended a car. The kids were going flippin crazy and the driver just seemed stressed. I don’t want to drive a bus anymore.
4. Have you ever tried fried green beans from TGIFriday’s? They are good.
5. My favorite hour of the day is 10am. Not because the View is on, but because the sun is like in the coolest spot of the entire day. Random, I know, but it is Thursday Thoughts – not Thursday biblical insights from Terry.
6. We kicked off the Rockstar series on Easter Sunday. It was pretty cool. If you haven’t seen pictures, let me know and I will post some on here.
7. My dog ate fertilizer a few weeks ago. She is stupid. The funny thing is that she threw up so much and was sick, but she continued to go out side and eat it. I wonder if it was like a drug. She is better now, I thought she was going to die. I would be okay with that – I mean I like her and all, but she will be our last dog after she goes to dog heaven…as the comedian says – “I have no doubts about dog heaven. there is no cat heaven. there is only cat hell. it’s called dog heaven.”
8. I watched this live yesterday and thought it was funny. She is not biased at all is she?
9. Been thinking of ways I can leverage Facebook and Twitter to connect more people into church – your thoughts?
10. Went to see Monster’s and Aliens with Owen for his first movie theater experience ever. He did good. His favorite part – the large bucket of popcorn and sharing dad’s Mt. Dew. They should give out something to commemorate this experience – like wings on an airplane ride.