One of the things I like about my position at GracePoint is the fact that I work with a team of individuals that help make the stuff on Sunday morning happen. Our goal is to make those “things” happen well. I like the Sundays where we are able to see the problems, fix them, and execute an experience where the average Steve (Joe is an over-used name) leaves thinking the service was flawless. I like to think of this process as proof to how God uses our gifts to make the church run.
Today was one of those days where we were able to identify problems and fix them – some sooner than others, but as I shut the door to my Explorer on my way home I thought to myself “Today was a great day”. So here are my highlights in no particular order.
- It was one of those Sundays where the music was “fun”. I even broke out of my shell a bit and danced on stage – just wait for the real moves one day. To get a complete set-list check out this virb site (thanks Ronnie for updating this).
- Owen came up on stage with me for the announcements. He did good. Maybe I will post a pic later on this week.
- Craig Groeshel from LifeChurch.tv brought the message. He is by far one of the best communicators I have ever heard. Hilarious!
- Had an awesome lunch after church. Diakonos Brotherhood ministries provided it in honor of the dad’s. It was one of the best opportunities for community we have had at GracePoint in a while. I had the opportunity to meet and talk to people I only see in passing on the weekends. It was great.
- I realized how awesome it is to be a part of this church.