Friday is my day off. I get to spend time with Owen – today I have been spending time on the internet because Owen has learned how to watch TV … okay just kidding … sort of… we are outside. He is finding bugs while I surf around. Had some more thoughts today that I had to share…Maybe someday I will actually post some content-worthy stuff.
Is it okay to mow the yard at 6:30 in the morning? Don’t know? Go ask my neighbor who was up doing it this morning…In Mike Snow fashion…”I would like to punch him in the throat”. It might have been a woman, but I don’t know and I wouldn’t hit women. There is some definite neighborhood etiquette that should be followed. My suggestions:
- Don’t call your neighbor before 8am or after 8pm unless their house is burning down or a tornado is coming and you would like to share their basement.
- Same hours apply to housework outdoors – maybe mowing a little before 8 is okay – but 6 flippin thirty in the morning – that’s RIDIC! Same goes with construction, saws, jackhammers, cranes, etc. Maybe you could let them know the day before that this is going on and warn them.
- If your car has bass or a loud muffler – move to an apartment complex. We move to a neighborhood for peace and quiet – not to listen to your car in the morning.
- If you are going to have a party and not invite me – cancel it.
- Wave at least once a week.
- Don’t send me letters saying you are wanting money for a cause. I don’t know you and even though you are older than my grandpa – I probably won’t give you money…would you give me money. Yeah didn’t think so.
- If you are going to landscape…seek advice. Pampas grass is stupid so don’t use it. Bradford Pear trees are going to break – so save your money, and zeroscaping your yard so you don’t have to mow is going to kill your resale value. Just a few thoughts.
- Does your dog run really need to be closer to my house than yours?
- Introduce yourself several times. They are definitely going to forget your name.
- If you wouldn’t take your shirt off at the pool – don’t do it when mowing.
That’s all for now – Owen is eating bugs. Have anything to add?