This is the second day of my random vacation. “Random” meaning that I usually have plans to go out of town, spend time over the holidays. This vacation – however – was my attempt to make sure I use up what I rightfully deserved. It is actually quite a nice break. So…so far:
- I have spent some fun time with my son – Owen.
- Replaced a bathtub fixture. Goodbye “jimmy-rigged” towel thingy.
- Sprayed WD-40 on my doors. Now my son won’t get up when we get up.
- Watched Owen walk a ton.
- Made a big hole in my laundry room wall. Then have started to patch it back up again.
- Watched Evan Almighty and Transformers – both movies I would own!
- Ate at Chik-fil-A and am more convinced that that place is God’s way of showing me what Heaven is going to be like.
- Went on a late-night hunt for my dog that escaped my yard with her tether on…to find that she was laying in my neighbor’s back yard.
- AND – went to the park with Owen. I freaked out the mother who was there…apparently men do not go to the park during the day!
Well that’s it … so far … tomorrow I am actually going to go in to work for the afternoon and evening for church. Just can’t get a real vacation!